Unless an apartment complex is located in the big city, it’s unlikely that it will have doormen monitoring the day-to-day activity of the premises, ensuring that only those that live in a certain facility – and their guests – have access to it. For facilities that don’t have doormen, video surveillance is key. Heck, even in complexes that do employ doormen, a good video surveillance system can still go a long way toward safeguarding residents and reassuring tenants that they’ve picked a safe place to live.
A good video surveillance system for an apartment complex should offer a variety of key features beyond just the ability to capture potential incidents on tape. Remote access for landlords and 24/7 professional monitoring are just a few that can bring greater peace of mind and accessibility to landlords. This post will take a closer look at why every apartment complex that’s serious about its tenants should invest in a good video surveillance system.
Why Apartment Complexes Need a Security System
- Video evidence: Landlords and property owners never want any criminal activity to occur on their grounds. But if it does, a good video surveillance system ensures that the suspects can be identified and have a better chance of being apprehended. When it comes to video evidence versus eyewitness testimony, the advantages of something that’s been caught on tape are clear.
- Professional Monitoring: Professional video monitoring from central control stations is a value-added service provided by many security companies. The benefits of such a service are clear, as the cameras can integrate with other aspects of a facility’s security system, and trained professionals can better verify whether alarms, for instance, are warranted upon activation. Those monitoring the security system can then better communicate with emergency responders to help them better understand what’s going on in a facility. They can also call off first responders if there’s a false alarm.
- Integrated System: Your system needs to be able to easily grow with your needs. Any of our products can be integrated into a single, easy-to-use system that is monitored by highly trained professionals at our Sonitrol Monitoring Centers across the country. Our modular approach to system design gives you everything you need now and allows for easy expansion in the future. Options for the system:
- Remote user monitoring: Imagine being able to check in on a security system from anywhere in the world. Good video surveillance systems, such as those offered by Sonitrol, offer this feature. Sonitrol’s Video Surveillance System offers digital video, CCTV and high definition feed options for users to pull up remotely whenever they want to see what’s going on.
- Injury evidence: We’ve already established how video surveillance systems can provide video evidence, notably of any potential criminal activity. But such systems also play a role when it comes to liability too. For instance, if a tenant or visitor files a personal injury lawsuit from a slip and fall incident they claimed occurred in the parking lot, a landlord and lawyer are able to access the video to see whether or not the case has any merit. Video surveillance can go a long way toward protecting a complex from several perspectives.
- Theft deterrent: Finally, just having visible cameras in parking lots, common areas and hallways of an apartment complex can serve as an effective theft deterrent in and of itself.
Sonitrol Security: A Surveillance System for Apartment Complexes
Enter the Sonitrol System, a video surveillance system designed to keep commercial facilities and businesses safe. Our security system is a robust, durable, and integrated solution that safeguards properties through a variety of features, such as 24/7 video monitoring, remote access, alarm verification, and monitoring from trained professionals. It’s the ideal solution to protect any residential complex, a win-win for both tenants and landlords.
Want to just learn more? Click here to learn more about our security system. Want a free security assessment in the California area? Click here to sign up for a free walk-through of your facility by a trained professional.