Fire Service Technician
This is a truly unique opportunity for experienced fire alarm technicians! We are a 100% EMPLOYEE-OWNED COMPANY, that pays market wages in a respectful working environment and gives each and every employee stock in the company every year! Where else can you find that?
Sonitrol, a proven leader in commercial intrusion and loss prevention, is seeking Fire Service Technician to help serve our customers in the Stockton/Modesto area. Our fire-related business is growing rapidly, and we need additional experienced service technicians. Position is based in our Stockton/Modesto office, but would cover the entire Stockton and Modesto areas in the Central Valley.
We offer solid, stable employment and a great earning opportunity. We’re the largest operator of Sonitrol-brand security businesses in the U.S., and have been in business here in California for nearly 40 years! We currently operate 18 Control operating territories via 7 offices, from NW Los Angeles through the Central Valley, and throughout the Bay Area!
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A California Fire Life Safety Certification.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A minimum of 4 years experience installing, troubleshooting, and servicing fire alarm systems.
- Familiar with NFPA 72 Standards.
- Able to trouble shoot multiple types of fire panels and devices.
- Have required knowledge of wiring and related low voltage equipment.
- NICET certifications a plus
- 2+ years of Business to Business outside, in-person, direct sales experience (not telephone sales, not route sales, not channel sales), preferably selling a product for a single up-front payment plus a recurring monthly charge (copier, business equipment, uniform/laundry, and Telco industries are all similar to our business in that regard) is preferred but energy, commitment, a desire to succeed and a demonstrable record of success in work is mandatory. Ours is the market-leading product; we do not sell on price, but we’re price competitive.
- Must be a results-driven self-starter who enjoys prospecting new clients and gaining new business. You will find most of your prospects yourself, set your own appointments, design the security system, demo our product, and close the sale. Cold calling on likely-prospect businesses will be required for success. Networking, tip clubs and “always be(ing) selling” are critical, as well.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Our employees enjoy a compensation package that includes a generous wage package, PLUS performance-based bonuses and company stock ownership, an excellent benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision and 401/k, paid vacations, holidays, training, career advancement opportunities and more.
Discover your potential with a 100% EMPLOYEE OWNED COMPANY, KIMBERLITE CORPORATIONS, dba SONITROL.
Download Application here.