Every year on January 9th, organizations in support of law enforcement come together to promote National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (L.E.A.D). This effort has become increasingly more important in light of the recent and growing negativity towards police officers. To show our appreciation to our local officers and the selfless act they show every day by simply showing up for duty, our team went throughout Central California to deliver cookies to our local police departments.
Supporting Our Local Law Enforcement Officials
Police Officers don’t choose their field of work because of their recognition they might receive, and oftentimes, they don’t expect it either. They choose their field, knowing that they put their life on the line every day because they know that protecting life and preventing crime will create a safer world where we can live and raise our families. On January 9th, our Bay Area team visited 28 police departments and delivered cookies to show our appreciation!
Below are additional highlights. Click here to see more on our Facebook page.
How You Can Support Your Local Law Officials
Organizations like ours who have established relationships with local enforcement officers aren’t the only ones who can show our appreciation. L.E.A.D was founded in 2015 and has continued to gain momentum since. As such, there are now many ways citizens can band together and show support. The following examples come straight from L.E.A.D’s website:
• Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement.
• Send a card of support to your local police department or state agency.
• Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media.
• Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement.
• Participate in Project Blue Light – Proudly display your blue light in support of law enforcement.
• Organize an event or a rally in support of your law enforcement officers.
• Advertise your support through local media outlets/billboards.
Did you show support on January 9th? Tell us how on Facebook!