Summer Security Checklist for Your Business
- Eliminate Hiding Places. Take a walk around your business and ensure that all windows and doors are clear of potential hiding places.
- Utilize an Access Control System. Protect your business’ valuables and sensitive data by utilizing an access control system by tracking who goes in and out of your facility.
- Leave a Light on. Ensure that your business has proper lighting at night on the inside and outside, near the sidewalks and entry points.
- Video Camera Security System. Capture high definition video of critical areas in your facilities, to obtain the evidence to identify someone who gains unauthorized access and/or who commits a crime.
- Educate Employees. Instruct your employees, including janitorial staff, to follow daily opening and closing procedures as to not trip alarms during non-business hours.
- Be a Gatekeeper. Do not allow multiple suppliers and service providers to have open access to your facilities.
- Train Accordingly. Be aware of holiday-related false alarms due to untrained seasonal or temporary help, as well as carelessness due to long hours or office parties.
- Secure Valuables. A majority of thieves seek out cash and valuables that are easy to grab quickly and carry on themselves. Keeping cash-on-hand to a minimum is a highly effective and widespread business practice.
By integrating these tips with our business security products, your business will have a streamlined security system in place. All of our products can be combined in a single, easy-to-use system that is monitored by our trained employees at our Sonitrol Monitoring Center. The easy integration allows for a painless future expansion. Learn more about the products we offer here.